Before making your cover design, please consider the following:
All cover designs:
- CMYK color;
- 5mm bleed on the edges of the covers;
- At least 300 dbi/ppi;
- Exported as Acrobat 1.3 pdf;
All fonts need to be made into objects:
- In Illustrator it is called “Create outline”
- In Photoshop it is called “Convert to shape”
- In InDesign it is called “Create outline”
Lines and font sizes:
- The thicknesses of lines have to be no less than 0.15 mm in the positive printing and 0.25 mm in the negative printing;
- Line thickness for hot foil and embossing have to be at 0.35 mm;
- Fonts should have a minimum size of 5pt for positive printing and at least 7pt for negative printing.
- Black text and lines should be adjusted to overprint with CMYK backgrounds, for metallic and daylight colors there should be no overprint command;
- In combination, the summary of all colors should not be higher then 280% for the ink coverage;
- For deep black effects of 100% black you should under-layer the black with 50% cyan (100% black and 50% cyan);
- White fonts on deep black in 1C should consist only of 2 colors, black (+ 50% cyan), not more.
- PDF 1:1, exported or distilled without scaling;
- Colour export settings Fogra39
- Partial varnish, hot foil or embossing on exact position in 100% with one color in a separate page or less;
- Without visible cutting lines, folding lines and punching lines, instead – if necessary – cutting and folding marks;
- Outside the bleed area – this is also binding for color bars;
- Single placed and centered per page for multipart products, f. e. labels or booklets (single pages or imposed double pages) or similar.