Artwork is an important part of your vinyl project. To ensure the highest possible outcome of your vinyl cover design, please read the requirements carefully. Down below you will find vinyl cover templates for 7-inch or 12-inch, center labels, gate-folds, inner sleeves and more.
Before making your cover design, please consider the following:
All cover designs:
- CMYK color;
- 5mm bleed on the edges of the covers;
- At least 300 dbi/ppi;
- Exported as Acrobat 1.3 pdf;
All fonts need to be made into objects:
- In Illustrator it is called “Create outline”
- In Photoshop it is called “Convert to shape”
- In InDesign it is called “Create outline”
Lines and font sizes:
- The thicknesses of lines have to be no less than 0.15 mm in the positive printing and 0.25 mm in the negative printing;
- Line thickness for hot foil and embossing have to be at 0.35 mm;
- Fonts should have a minimum size of 5pt for positive printing and at least 7pt for negative printing.
- Black text and lines should be adjusted to overprint with CMYK backgrounds, for metallic and daylight colors there should be no overprint command;
- In combination, the summary of all colors should not be higher then 280% for the ink coverage;
- For deep black effects of 100% black you should under-layer the black with 50% cyan (100% black and 50% cyan);
- White fonts on deep black in 1C should consist only of 2 colors, black (+ 50% cyan), not more.
- PDF 1:1, exported or distilled without scaling;
- Colour export settings Fogra39
- Partial varnish, hot foil or embossing on exact position in 100% with one color in a separate page or less;
- Without visible cutting lines, folding lines and punching lines, instead – if necessary – cutting and folding marks;
- Outside the bleed area – this is also binding for color bars;
- Single placed and centered per page for multipart products, f. e. labels or booklets (single pages or imposed double pages) or similar.